Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Unwanted Visitor!

Yesterday as we were preparing to leave for the softball game I opened the backdoor to throw something out and this is what I found slithering up my steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say PANIC!?!  Gary was at work and I didn't know if our neighbor, Bob, was home!  I just knew I was going to have to kill this snake by myself!!!!!  I would've done it, but I SURE didn't want to!!!  The girls kept their eye on it for me while I called Bob.  I was so RELIEVED when he picked up on the first ring!! He was over with his shovel, rake, and gloves in no time!! As I quickly learned, he didn't care too much for snakes either, but he was so willing to help out and we were sooooooo thankful he did!!  While we were out chasing the fastest snake in the history of mankind, my darling daughters were inside laughing and making the whole experience "blog-worthy" by photographing the entire death sentence!!!  How sweet of them.  Kristen can do a great impersonation of Mr. Bob's "death dance" he performed as he was killing the snake!  Not to mention all the laughs I got for jumping back so many times! :-) Aren't they sweet!?!  So, now you can have the fun of looking through their photos!

It still gives me the "hibby-jibbies" when I look at it!!

as you can see he was like 40 feet long or so!

Bob thankfully thought of raking him away from the house so he wouldn't go underneath it!  I don't think I would've thought of that! I would've probably ended up shooting it or something! :-)

this pic is hilarious!  (Bob's death dance) He started towards me (rather quickly I must say) and I was ready for him!

aimed and ready!

Die Serpent!

WHEW!

Mr. Bob admiring his handiwork!

Ok. Let's get this thing out of here!
Supper for the Buzzards! (that's vulchers for you non-rednecks!)



No comments:

Post a Comment