Follow by Email

Saturday, March 3, 2012

"ELEVEN" Post

I was tagged by my friend Keri to do this eleven things post!  I can't believe I'm doing this since I would probably be voted as the person most least likely to forward emails/texts/etc!!!!  Anyway, this was a good excuse to get some photos scanned so here it goes:
The Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

Eleven Fun Facts About Me:
1) One of my memories when I was 11:  My Mema would let me drive her car (a red thunderbird that I loved) down the road to my Aunt Linda's house.....like the REAL road!  I can NOT imagine letting one of my girls doing that!  I have a photo of that car, but can't put my hands on it yet.  I loved that car!
2) I used to be in pageants growing up and my talent was clogging.....and for the record....i still remember how! (for those of you who have seen the video....STOP LAUGHING!)
This cape was painted by a friend of my daddy's.  It was trimmed in red fringe.
1983








(the video starts out dark, but will lighten up)
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own slideshow design
I actually started out taking ballet, but that didn't last too long.  Here are some of the early ballet pics! ha!!



3) Gary and I started dating when I was a Senior and he was a teacher at my school. ;-)
4) I love horses, cows, and pretty much any other farm animal and hope to have some one day!  We had them growing up and I can't wait for our own!

my first horse Appollo




me showing my horse, "Lady," at the fair

5) I think it's very important to know what you believe and why you believe it.  It's my sincere desire to have our definitions line up with what God's Word says.  This is something we have been focusing on this last year....A LOT!
6) I'm very passionate about helping other homeschool parents or those who are contemplating homeschooling in any way I can.
7) Homeschool conference is coming up in a few weeks:  Voddie Baucham, Doug Philips, & Ken Ham....some of our favorite speakers.....CAN'T Wait! Would recommend it for every family!
8) I guess you could say I'm redneck through and through.  People make fun of my accent all the time, i love going barefoot, born and raised in Wayne County, NC, i understand that the "boot" is the trunk of the car and the "foot" is the floorboard, and my favorite sport is NASCAR racing.  Can't help it!  It's in my blood.....dating back to my Grandaddy, Daddy, brother, uncles, etc.  In the words of the famous Darryl Waltrip...."Boogity, boogity, boogity....let's go racin' boys!" (that's what he says when they drop the green flag for all you non-rednecks!) Had fun actually getting to see the end of the Daytona 500 this year and i love that MRN (motor racing network) is live streaming so I can listen on my phone anytime!
9) I'm in love with having fresh veggie/fruit juice every day!  I feel so much healthier.  I know some of you that know me in my past life of eating NO vegetables (except field peas) are falling over right now, but believe it!  It's true!
10) We are trying a few new "health foods" this month:  Fenugreek, Aloe Vera juice, Celtic salt & chia seed (yes, like: "ch-ch-ch-ch-chia!")
11) My favorite song to play on the piano is "Mansion Over the Hilltop."  That's not necessarily my favorite song....but definitely on the top 5 list of "playing" favorites.  I do love that song though. Here are some piano photos throught the years:



 1979

Christmas 1984-The year Mama & Daddy gave me my first piano.  They wrapped the WHOLE thing!  I was so excited over it!


 1983-piano recital
1987 piano recital


 Christmas 1987-organ
 College Recital-1995
The night I got my Baby Grand----May 1994
HERE'S MY ELEVEN FROM KERI:
1. How was you childhood bedroom decorated?
I had a beautiful canopy bed and furniture to match.  It had a pretty white bedspread with flowers all over it.  My mom still has the set.  The girls have my bed (w/out the canopy) and they are planning to get the rest of the furniture.  I've had it since I was 1.

yes, people, some of these pictures were taken w/ a polaroid! (you know, the kind you wave a few times in the air and they fade into view!)

Me & my friend Jennie Marie



1989 (the year Gary Graduated high school! haha!)


2. What do you order at Starbucks?
Hot Chocolate w/ a squirt of vanilla.  (Don't make fun of me all you starbucks fans, but I don't drink coffee....sorry!! Can't even do coffee ice cream.  Like the way it smells, but think it tastes awful!  Our first trip to Starbucks was last year in Washington when Keri & Brian introduced it to us.  They couldn't believe we had never been!  We are so behind times! :-)
3. What is your favorite Disney movie? Cinderella
4. If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? who would play your husband? So many funny thoughts come to mind! Gracious, we really don't watch a lot of movies, but, i guess I would say Charles & Caroline Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie since we are such big fans and our girls pretend they are Mary, Laura, & Carrie. :-)
5. How old were you when you got your ears pierced? 1st grade.  My Mema & Mama took me to the mall to get them pierced (w/out my daddy's knowledge!).  I remember that I didn't cry, but said it really hurt.  My Mema told me to stub my toe on the pavement and I would think about my toe hurting instead of my ears.  I actually tried it, but it didn't work!  I also remember that evening sitting on the couch waiting for daddy to get home.  I was told not to say anthing to him, but I remember grinning a lot and flipping my hair behind my shoulders so he would notice! :-)
6. If you could choose to have been born in another country, what country would that have been and why? Hmmm, not sure, just one that didnt take everything for granted like so many of us do as Americans. 
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl? most definitely a night owl! i think mornings are a crazy way to start a day! ;-)

I mean, really!  I'm not even a morning person on Christmas morning! ha!
Check out that ATARI & typewriter! Christmas 1982

8. If you could have dinner with any person from the Old Testament who would it be? Probably either Adam, Eve or Noah. Would be so neat to find out more details of the beginning of human life and to learn more facts about the flood and the ark. 
9. What is your favorite food to indulge in? Seriously, JUST one?  I absolutely love biscuits, french fries, and anything with gravy! Oh, and anything peanut butter and chocolate!
10. What is the most used app on your phone? Other than the obvious email, calculator, etc. it would probably be PLACES (navigation and businesses that are close to wherever you are)
11. Who is the last person that you sent an email to? Mr. Keith Hundley

Ok. That's it for me.  I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you want to consider yourself tagged, be my guest! Here's my list of questions:
1) What was your first car?
2) How old were you when you accepted the Lord?
3) Have you ever gotten a ticket?  If so, for what?
4) What's your favorite book?
5) What's your favorite song?
6) What's your favorite restaurant?
7) Where's the last place you went on a date?
8) Which do you prefer......the beach or mountains?
9) Do you play any instruments?
10) What's your favorite Bible verse and why?
11) How many states/countries have you been to?

9 comments:

  1. Those are cute photos of you clogging! Don't worry about being behind on Starbucks. I was the one who introduced Starbucks to David and my Mother-in-law. I was also surprised why they have not tried it considering it's an American coffee shop & I had it in Phils. so many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we know we are not the only ones who are "new" to Starbucks! :-)

      Delete
  2. I can not believe that you clogged! That is awesome! And is there a video? We NEED to see that!!!

    Here are my answers to your questions:

    1) What was your first car? A Blue 1989 Honda Accord :) Awesome :)
    2) How old were you when you accepted the Lord? 1st Grade
    3) Have you ever gotten a ticket? If so, for what? I was 16 and I was ALLEGEDLY speeding through a school zone.
    4) What's your favorite book? I really liked In His Steps... I loved that in High School. I am not much of a reader now.
    5) What's your favorite song? Glorious Day (Living He Loved me).... This is an old hymn that Casting Crowns rewrote the music to and we sing it at church (often during communion) and I love it!
    6) What's your favorite restaurant? 1st- Baker's Square, 2nd- Anthony's Pier 66
    7) Where's the last place you went on a date? Cristiano's and the Gun Range :)
    8) Which do you prefer......the beach or mountains? I think mountains because they are so pretty! I love the beach but my attention span only lasts for like 10 minutes :)
    9) Do you play any instruments? No
    10) What's your favorite Bible verse and why? I don't think I have a specific favorite... I will have to start looking for one!!
    11) How many states/countries have you been to? I don't even know how many states we have been to but we drove through a bunch of them on the way from NC to Wash. Countries- Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean & Bahamas on a cruise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to answer! :-) Enjoyed reading your answers as always and you'll be very happy to know they re-opened Bakers Square. It is now "Baker's Kitchen." We haven't tried it yet. Want to come try it w/ us!!??!? ;-)

      Delete
    2. And for you, I'll try to post the video of me clogging! :-)

      Delete
    3. ok...video is there! ENJOY! :-)

      Delete
  3. BTW... I can't believe how much you look like Kylie in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! A lot of folks say that! :-)

      Delete
  4. Melissa, I sure did enjoy watching that clogging video! That was great! :) How funny, how come you never clogged for us when me, you and allison would get together? ;) Enjoying reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete