Follow by Email

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What is a garlic clove??

Tonight someone in this house...(hint: not me and not the girls)...tried to make guacamole.  The recipe called for 2 avocados, onion, a garlic clove, lemon juice, etc.  So, that someone, asked me where the garlic was.  I told him where it was at in the refrigerator and went to teach Kristen a Bible lesson.  When I came back in the kitchen, he said it needed something.  He said it was hot.  "Hot??!!?," I asked.  There was nothing in it that should have been hot.  He (oops, didn't mean to type that pronoun) blamed it on the onion.  I tasted it and, whoa buddy!!  It WAS hot!  Way too much garlic!!! I asked how much garlic he put in and he (there's that pesky pronoun again!) replied with "one clove."  It hit me what had happened!! He put in this thinking it was "one" garlic clove!!!!!! hahahahaha!!  :-)
 just for anyone else who may not know....below is "one garlic clove!" ;-) and we didn't have guacamole tonight......maybe next time! hehe!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell "him" that I did the same thing the first time I bought fresh garlic to cook with...it called for 5 minced garlic cloves so I bought 5 whole bulbs! About half way through mincing all those stinkin cloves I realized my mistake!!

    ReplyDelete