Follow by Email

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kristen the Poet

Lately Kristen has been fascinated with writing poetry.  Here are two poems she wrote tonight and hopefully I can put my hands on some others she has written over the last few months to publish them.  She keeps asking me about getting her works published so I told her we would publish them on our blog!! :-) I hated poetry in school and its definitely not my forte.....so not sure where she is getting this fascination with it! :-)

American Flag
by Kristen Goodfellow

We see the American flag wave in the air
And it reminds us how much the soldiers have to bear
They all are having tough times in the battle fields
And we pray that all who are wounded might be healed.
We pray for them to be home
So we won't be alone.

Pirates
by Kristen Goodfellow

A pirate says "Arrrrghh"
Because he is very large
He wears a patch over his eye
And believe me, he is not shy.
He has wrinkles on his face
And he has a different taste
He has a long beard
And it is very weird
He has big toes
And a big nose

Great job baby girl!! Keep it up! :-) 

Kristen absolutely loves to cook!!!  She helps me almost every day doing some sort of cooking and she's constantly making up recipes while playing in her kitchen.   Here are a couple of pics of her helping make homemade doughnuts from the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook.  They were very good! I love this cookbook by the way!  I got it thanks to inspiration from Keri!  It's a great way to get extra veggies!!!
11-14-11

Mrs. Sue  found this super sweet American Girl gown at the thrift store and it fit Kristen perfectly! 
I love her in it!!


1 comment:

  1. I will have to try making those donuts! And I LOVE those pajamas!!!

    ReplyDelete