Follow by Email

Monday, April 25, 2011

Kristen's Spiritual B-day 4-12

APRIL 12th was Kristen's spiritual b-day.  What an important day!  Kristen was saved on Easter Sunday 2009.  She went to the altar in Children's Church and Mrs. Billie Woolard prayed with her.  When church was over she came running up to us and told us she had been saved.  We were so thankful.  Gary and I took her in the choir room to ask her some questions.  We wanted to make sure she understood everything and have prayer with her.  It was such a special time. The blessing of knowing all of our children knew the Lord was indescribable.  She had been asking questions weeks prior to that.  We knew she was getting close.  On a humorous note, the year before that, when she was four, she started sitting in "big church" on Sun. nights.  The first time we had communion we left Kristen to sit with our good friends, the Ronks.  We neglected to fully explain what communion was and what would take place.  She had never seen it before.  Well, by the time I realized it, it was too late.  Gary and I are on stage during communion and I couldn't get to her.  Poor Keri was left to do the explaining and comforting because Kristen was so upset that she couldn't have any "snack" when everyone else could!!  She was still crying after the service so I immediately went to her and tried to explain that you had to be saved to take part in communion.  She said, "Mommy, I want to get saved."  I knew she wasn't ready....she just wanted some snack!! I'm so thankful that after several months she truly realized her need of a Savior!  She was so bold after she got saved.  She was telling EVERYONE!  Family, friends, church family....Everyone!  We were at Maurices in the mall the next week and when I was checking out, she was tugging at me trying to get my attention.  I leaned down to ask her what she needed and she said, "Tell 'em, Mommy." I said, "Tell 'em what, baby?"  She said "Tell 'em I got saved!"  Well, my first thought was wonder what these two ladies are going to think??  I knew, however, it was important to her and it was a way to be a witness, so I proceeded to tell the ladies about her salvation.  I didn't know what they would think, but they BOTH congratulated her very excitedly and told us they were Christians too.  I pray her boldness never ceases!  I love her little testimony!  Her thing right now is if anyone says something that's outrageous she'll say, "But if God wanted it to, it could happen!"  She knows with God ALL things are possible!  Enjoy these pics and videos....this is actually her singing in the background. Oh, and notice her little foot flying up during her baptism video...funny! Happy Spiritual B-day Sweetie! 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free slideshow design

2 comments:

  1. Happy Spiritual Birthday Kristen! I am so glad that we can partake in communion together now! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!!! Happy Spiritual Birthday Kristen!

    ReplyDelete